Hi Family & Friends,
Over the past couple of weeks we have had new windows put in throughout the house. Jorge and his Tio Ezriel worked hard to install new windows, new indoor and outdoor trim, and new storm doors. As a result of the window installation the inside of the house was a complete mess which was totally conflicting with my desire nest and get the house ready for the baby. Every day when I came home from work the house would be blazing hot and there would be dust and dirt everywhere! I usually had to escape to the the nursery (which was the first room that was completed). Fortunately, the glider is a comfortable spot to kick up your feet and relax after a long day at work.
As you can see in the picture the nursery probably got the worst of the mess because a lot of dry wall work needed to be done. All of the dry wall patching created a coating of fine dust on every possible surface of the room. Once the window was installed we (as in Jorge) had to repaint the wall around the window. We also shampooed the carpet and wiped down the walls just to make sure that the room would be dust free whenever we brought the baby home.
All in all, Tio Ez and Jorge worked really hard and did a great job. They even managed to avoid getting stung by wasps living in massive nests in the bathroom and laundry room windows (see picture). Tio Ez finished everything up last Thursday and we have slowly restored the house back to order. The only thing left to do is prime and paint the walls around the bathroom window and then we are done! (That is until the next DIY issue comes up)
Last week Jorge returned to work. This semester he is teaching two Honors Precalculus and one Algebra I class. He is glad to see his students again but he definitely had a stressful couple of days getting his classroom and lesson plans ready. This week is likely to be my last week at work (I am 38 weeks along now). I may go in a couple days next week if the little one hasn't made his/her grand entry yet. I know I should be at home resting but if the baby comes past the due date I do NOT want to be at home doing nothing for another 2-3 weeks.
We are hoping the baby comes sooner rather than later because we are SO excited to meet him/her. Steph and her mom are a little bummed that he/she wasn't born today (8/29) because today then they would have shared a birthday with Steph's favorite singer ever Michael Jackson! Oh well, it wasn't meant to be. Anyway, hopefully the next entry will be announcing the arrival of the little one!
Love Always,
Steph and Jorge

No comments:
Post a Comment