Last weekend, I (Steph) was surprised by an awesome baby shower. Amazingly nobody leaked the secret to when and where the shower was going to be for almost two months! In order to maintain the surprise, Jorge told me that we were meeting some friends of ours for lunch at one of our favorite Italian restaurants. When we arrived at the restaurant I had a feeling that something was up. In the parking lot we passed a Pontiac Vibe (the same car my parents drive). Now ordinarily this would not be a huge deal because there are hundreds of thousands of these cars on the road. But there was something about this car that made it stand out amongst cars you typically see in NC....there was an EZ Pass tacked to the windshield. We do not have toll roads in NC so an EZ Pass would definitely not be something that a car in the south would have. I still wasn't fully convinced that there was a baby shower planned because I had just talked to my mom and she told me that she was in the middle of grocery shopping (a lie!).
When we walked into the restaurant, Jorge told the hostess that we were meeting friends. The hostess proceeded to guide us to the back of the restaurant. When we arrived at the entrance of the party room I knew that I had been fooled. Jorge opened the door and a big group of people yelled "SURPRISE!" I was definitely overwhelmed by all of the love and support that I felt when we walked into the room. It took me a few minutes to calm my nerves and I joked with everyone that they shouldn't scare a pregnant woman like that because they could have caused me to go into labor!There was a wonderful mix of family and friends, many of which we had not seen in awhile. My mom had lot's of great activities planned and everyone had a really fun time. We received so many great gifts that helped us to be even more prepared for the baby's arrival. We are so blessed by all of the support we received by those who attended the shower and by those who were unable to attend. You are all awesome and very much appreciated!
This week we are entering our 37th week of pregnancy and are getting anxious knowing that the baby can come any minute. Last week Jorge's uncle started to install new windows throughout the house. So the house is currently in shambles and is definitely making me uneasy about bringing a baby back to house that is a complete mess. Hopefully all of the windows will be installed by the end of the week and we can get the house straightened up. We are excited to finally get the nursery completely ready for the baby's arrival. Until then we (mostly Jorge and his uncle) will continue working hard to get the house ready for the baby.
Until next time,
Steph and Jorge

Looks like your shower was amazing! So sad I couldn't be there :(
ReplyDelete