Despite the massive influx of pollen and the crazy storms and temperature shifts, this spring has been pretty great so far. With the warming weather, we began to take Noah outside so that he could get familiar with crawling around in the grass and getting dirty (like a typical little boy). Although he loves being outside, it doesn't take too long until the sun wears him out and he's ready for a nap.
At the end of April, Noah took his first plane trip. He and Steph traveled up to NJ so that they could attend a bridal shower (both Steph and Noah are going to be in Steph's friend's wedding at the end of July). Noah was the life of the party and all the ladies in attendance got a kick out of his great personality.
While visiting up North Steph, Noah, and Steph's dad took Noah on a little walk on a trail behind Steph's parents house. As usual Noah loved being outside. Steph's mom also encouraged Noah to make a mess in her kitchen by pulling out any non-dangerous cooking item she could find and letting Noah play with them. Steph used this time to practice taking close up pictures of Noah with her mom's Nikon DSLR (it also inspired her to purchase a camera like that of her own).
After Steph and Noah's traveling weekend. Noah became pretty sick. We're not sure where he picked up the germs (His grandfather was sick, germy airport, daycare) but when Steph and Noah got home he had slight fever. I felt bad for Steph because he started feeling sick in the airport and her plane was delayed four hours.
Little did I know, however, that Noah and Steph’s germs and somehow managed to penetrate this fortress that no other germ or virus has ever been able to break through. And, YES, for the first time in my ENTIRE memory I was legitimately sick. Prior to this moment, the most I had ever experienced was a sniffly nose that would last, at most, a day and a half – I would not call that being sick at all. Prior to this moment, I had NEVER experienced a headache. Wow, did this all change in the blink of an eye. In what seemed to happen instantly, I was suddenly coughing uncontrollably, my nose was totally stuffed and runny at the same time, I had a fever over 100 degrees, and I had experienced my first headache. I have never taken so much medication in my life. But fortunately after a couple of weeks, I started to feel better.
Right now, I am wrapping up a major graduate school assignment, and I have to make up for the time I lost when I was sick. Only two more months to go and I will have a Master's Degree in education! Steph is doing well, she's been working hard to tone up in time for our cruise. So far she's lost 15 pounds (reached her pre-baby weight) by doing the Insanity DVDs.
Love and God Bless,
Jorge, Steph, and Noah


No comments:
Post a Comment